Registration and study non-stop in the academic year 2021-2022
Savonia University of Applied Sciences organizes education leading to a master's degree (YAMK) in six different fields of education. Parts of the degree, study courses, can be completed as studies at the Open University of Applied Sciences (Open UAS).
Open YAMK studies are suitable for those,
- whose aim is to study master's degree (YAMK) (degree studies require an appropriate bachelor's or master's degree and at least two years work experience)
- whose aim is to collect path studies (30 ECTS or 10 ECTS) and apply flexibly on the basis of them for the right to study to complete the degree (degree studies require an appropriate bachelor's or master's degree and at least two years work experience)
- who wish to continue their interrupted studies before applying for the renewed right to study
- who want to acquire new skills
This course is part of the joint elective studies for YAMK degrees in all fields of education in Savonia. Get acquainted with the structures and contents of YAMK degrees in different fields of study in the curricula.
This course has an equal content with the course Strateginen projektiosaaminen.
After completing this course you are capable to develop organisation's project activities in a target-oriented way by taking into consideration the strategy and changes occurring in the operating environment. You can support projects' success in own work community and act as developer of project teams' know-how. You know agile project management's benefits. You can take into consideration challenges and opportunities in international project co-operation.
- Strategic view on projects
- Projects as tool for change management
- Project working skills
- Project management
- Internationalization and projects
- 100 % online course (Moodle)
- The course is open all year round 15.9.2021 – 31.7.2022. Students can enter the Moodle online learning environment at any time.
- The student does an assignment around own project case with the aid of Moodle materials and literature concerning project management and project portfolio management. The student proposes a project case.
- The assignment may be submitted at any time to the return box. The assignment will be evaluated during four weeks from each submission date.
- Submission dates are: 28.2.2022, 30.4.2022, 15.5.2022 and 31.7.2022.
- Grading Scale 0-5
- Slide presentations, example project plans and other project information from various fields, articles and literature.
- Ebook: Nicholas J. and Steyn H., 2017. Project Management for Engineering, Business and Technology. 5th Edition. New York: Routledge.
- Indicative Reading: Ebook via a link from Moodle: Artto K., Martinsuo M., Kujala J., 2011. Project business. Helsinki: Aalto University.
The course fee is 75 euros. The course fee must be paid upon registration.
The payments are based on the Government Decree of 30 December 2014/1440.
The course is free of charge if:
- you have completed your degree in Savonia UAS within a year
- you are a member of the Savonia UAS staff
The free course fee does not cover any card, material or training costs.
Enrol (register) with the form "Free Course". We will check your information after enrolment. If you are not entitled to free study, the right to study will not be granted.
Enrolment for studies at the Open UAS is always binding. A student of the Open UAS is granted the right to study limited in time and content. The right to study cannot be exchanged for other studies or transferred to the next academic year.
If you cancel or interrupt your studies, the fee will not be refunded. The fee will only be refunded if Savonia UAS cancels the education or your medical condition prevents you from attending the studies (medical certificate must be presented). The registrant accepts the cancellation and payment terms when enrolling.
Studying at the Open UAS does not entitle to a study grant or study social benefits. If you are an unemployed jobseeker, negotiate your studies with the TE-Services before enrolling for the studies. If you are employed and on study leave, you can receive adult education allowances from the Employment Fund if the other conditions are met.
Binding registrations by 30.4.2022 at the latest. After registering, you will receive an automatic confirmation message to the e-mail address you provided with additional instructions for studying.
For more information, please contact
- Responsible teacher: Ari Jääskeläinen, email@example.com
- Study Adviser for YAMK Studies: Arja Hiltunen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open UAS study advisors: email@example.com
Savonia University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to make any changes.