Registration and study non-stop in the academic year 2021-2022
Savonia University of Applied Sciences organizes education leading to a master's degree (YAMK) in six different fields of education. Parts of the degree, study courses, can be completed as studies at the Open University of Applied Sciences (Open UAS).
Open YAMK studies are suitable for those,
- whose aim is to study master's degree (YAMK) (degree studies require an appropriate bachelor's or master's degree and at least two years work experience)
- whose aim is to collect path studies (30 ECTS or 10 ECTS) and apply flexibly on the basis of them for the right to study to complete the degree (degree studies require an appropriate bachelor's or master's degree and at least two years work experience)
- who wish to continue their interrupted studies before applying for the renewed right to study
- who want to acquire new skills
This course is part of the joint elective studies for YAMK degrees in all fields of education in Savonia. Get acquainted with the structures and contents of YAMK degrees in different fields of study in the curricula.
Student is able to describe how digital working environment has developed (local to global), what is the meaning of digitalisation in a her/his working area/field and what are the future trends. Student recognises the benefits and obstacles of digital change. Student is able to choose digital tools which support her/his own working field. Student is able to recognize changes and describe internet accessible working environment, which facilitates collective action, communication and networking. Student knows principles of safe information sharing and has adequate information management skills. Student can coordinate distant work, group working and can participate in discussion forums.
- Basics of international and national information society policies
- Digitalised working environment permitting the completion of virtual participatory processes
- Key factors related to the success of digitalised working processes
- Main deficiencies of digitalised working environment
- Future trends in digitalised working life in own professional field of the students
- 100 % online course.
- Active participation via own virtual learning path, exercises and peer/student discussions.
- Virtual environment designed for students and teaching staff provide access to a range of information tools to suit everyone.
- The course is open until 31.7.2022. Students can enter the online learning environment at any time. There are several alternative return dates for the assignments throughout the academic year.
- Deadlines for submission of assignments are: 4.3.2022, 31.5.2022 and 26.8.2022.
- Assignments will be evaluated in three weeks after each submission date.
- Grading Scale 0-5
The course fee is 75 euros. The course fee must be paid upon registration.
The payments are based on the Government Decree of 30 December 2014/1440.
The course is free of charge if:
- you have completed your degree in Savonia UAS within a year
- you are a member of the Savonia UAS staff
The free course fee does not cover any card, material or training costs.
Enrol (register) with the form "Free Course". We will check your information after enrolment. If you are not entitled to free study, the right to study will not be granted.
Enrolment for studies at the Open UAS is always binding. A student of the Open UAS is granted the right to study limited in time and content. The right to study cannot be exchanged for other studies or transferred to the next academic year.
If you cancel or interrupt your studies, the fee will not be refunded. The fee will only be refunded if Savonia UAS cancels the education or your medical condition prevents you from attending the studies (medical certificate must be presented). The registrant accepts the cancellation and payment terms when enrolling.
Studying at the Open UAS does not entitle to a study grant or study social benefits. If you are an unemployed jobseeker, negotiate your studies with the TE-Services before enrolling for the studies. If you are employed and on study leave, you can receive adult education allowances from the Employment Fund if the other conditions are met.
Binding registrations by 15.5.2022 at the latest. After registering, you will receive an automatic confirmation message to the e-mail address you provided with additional instructions for studying.
For more information, please contact
- Responsible teachers: Timo Sirviö, firstname.lastname@example.org, Liisa Klemola, email@example.com and Veli-Matti Tolppi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Study Adviser for YAMK Studies: Arja Hiltunen, email@example.com
- Open UAS study advisors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Savonia University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to make any changes.