Registration and study non-stop in the academic year 2021-2022
Savonia University of Applied Sciences organizes education leading to a master's degree (YAMK) in six different fields of education. Parts of the degree, study courses, can be completed as studies at the Open University of Applied Sciences (Open UAS).
Open YAMK studies are suitable for those,
- whose aim is to study master's degree (YAMK) (degree studies require an appropriate bachelor's or master's degree and at least two years work experience)
- whose aim is to collect path studies (30 ECTS or 10 ECTS) and apply flexibly on the basis of them for the right to study to complete the degree (degree studies require an appropriate bachelor's or master's degree and at least two years work experience)
- who wish to continue their interrupted studies before applying for the renewed right to study
- who want to acquire new skills
This course is part of the joint elective studies for YAMK degrees in all fields of education in Savonia. Get acquainted with the structures and contents of YAMK degrees in different fields of study in the curricula.
- Is developing digital health care business in his/her working place or is having own digital health care service or product or business idea and is motivated to develop it.
- The main point is to analyze, make decisions and develop the business from economical point of view. Meaning product, service or total business must be profitable using economical calculations.
- Do it independently, using Moodle, or/and meeting teacher using Skype or some other handy tools to communicate.
- Is motivated to study and develop with his/her own idea or working place idea.
- Has skills to do as a project mode.
- Economical elements in business.
- Business idea, macro-economic analyse, Business Model Canvas
- Main development processes in business
- Entrepreneurship in digital health care
- Sales role in business
- Cost calculations and cash flow calculations
- Own project development
- 100 % web studies (Moodle)
- The course is open all year round 15.9.2021 – 31.7.2022. Students can enter the Moodle online learning environment at any time.
- Course is mainly for health-industries but contact teacher if you have ideas to develope for other industry.
- Course concists of 3 excersises and final report. Students will develop business from own/working places application/service/product/business.
- In each excersise student reads theories and learns the basic information before excersice and developing part. Final report summarize all learnings and developed thigs to one report.
- Teacher coaches student on-line Zoom -meetings personally if needed.
- The final report may be submitted to Moodle at any time. Teacher gives feedback within 3 weeks.
- Grading Scale: Passed - 0.
Basic economical material from teacher and students own reports, presentations and articles.
The course is free of charge when you register and start studying before 31.12.2021.
After 1.1.2022, a course fee must be paid in connection with registration. Payments will be announced later.
Studying at the Open UAS does not entitle to a study grant or study social benefits. If you are an unemployed jobseeker, negotiate your studies with the TE-Services before enrolling for the studies. If you are employed and on study leave, you can receive adult education allowances from the Employment Fund if the other conditions are met.
Binding registrations 17.8.2021 - 30.4.2022. After registering, you will receive an automatic confirmation message to the e-mail address you provided with additional instructions for studying.
For more information, please contact
- Responsible teacher: Jari Niemelä firstname.lastname@example.org (available after 9.8.2021)
- Study Adviser for YAMK Studies: Arja Hiltunen, email@example.com
- Open UAS study advisors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Savonia University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to make any changes.