Savonia Course Enrolment 2022
Enrolment time: 22.11. - 30.11.2021
Name: International Sales Management
Credits: 5 cr
This course offers a global perspective on the opportunities and issues facing today's sales managers. Learning outcomes is achieved with individual and team assignments, interactive discussion topics and case studies. The lectures are online and video based, and study is completely online.
The course studies international sales environment, upcoming sales trends and cross cultural differences that influence organizing an effective international sales organization.
Students understand the role and responsibilities of a sales executive in managing, supervising and developing the sales and the customer base of a company. They learn the importance of management of global sales teams and understand a sales executive’s role in networking and building partnerships in international sales.
- Fundamentals of International Sales
- International Sales jobs and careers
- Planning sales
- Design and Implementation of International Sales strategies, and Key Account Management strategy
- Managing and developing sales processes
- Finding sales opportunities and sales leads
- Customer acquisition, prospecting internationally
- CRM in Global Perspective
- Developing solutions for customer needs with an international focus
- Creating long-lasting relationship in an international setting
- Building networks and partnerships in international sales
- Recruiting and Organizing international sales teams
- Training of an international sales team
- Deployment of an international sales team
- Evaluation of the performance of an international sales team
- Online lectures, Case studies, and Online Tasks
- Active participation in online discussions
- Tasks are designed self paced and as individual work
Grading Scale: 0 - 5
Sales Management, A multinational perspective by Paolo Guenzi and Susi Geiger, published by Palgrave Mc Millian 2011
Sales Management: A Global Perspective, Earl D. Honeycutt, John B. Ford and Antonis C. Simintiras. Routledge 2003
Sales Management: Analysis and Decision Making, 10th Edition By Thomas N. Ingram, Raymond W. LaForge, Ramon A. Avila, Charles H. Schwepker Jr., Michael R. Williams
Prerequisites: No prerequisites.
Timetable and implementation
100% online studies in Moodle
- The Moodle platform opens up for orientation and access on 12.1.2022. For to participate the course, the login is required by 10.2.2022 at the latest.
- The course and exams will be opened on 18.1.2022 and will be closed on 30.4.2022 at 11.55 pm.
- Assessment will be registered by 31.5.2022.
Teacher of the course: Göker Özerk, firstname.lastname@example.org