Enrolment time: 22.11. - 6.12.2021
- Be able to obtain and refine financial data for analysis.
- Be able to estimate necessary statistics parameters and test the normality of returns.
- Have knowledge about the different financial investment opportunities in the market and evaluate their risk/return relationship.
- Understand the essential assumptions and logic behind portfolio theory, and how to apply it on real market data, using optimization and modelling techniques.
- Understand and apply Capital Asset Pricing Model principles on market data and financial portfolios.
- Statistics treatment of financial data
- Assessment of financial market products
- Portfolio theory and CAPM
Requirements: Completing the required sequence of assignments according the due date schedule.
Grading Scale: 0 - 5
Course material: Reading material and other video demos are provided in Moodle. Participants are encouraged to seek different sources of knowledge to complete the assignments.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of finance, economics, mathematics and statistics.
Timetable and implementation
100% online studies in Moodle
- The Moodle platform opens up for orientation and access on 5.1.2022. For to participate the course, the login is required by 31.01.2022 at the latest.
- The course and exams will be opened on 7.1.2022 and will be closed on 15.5.2022 at 11.55 pm.
- Assessment will be registered by 15.6.2022.
The course fee is 75 euros. The course fee must be paid upon registration.
The payments are based on the Government Decree of 30 December 2014/1440.
The course is free of charge if:
- you are a 2nd level student (Finnish high school or vocational college)
- you have completed your degree in Savonia UAS within a year
- you are a member of the Savonia UAS staff
The course fee does not cover any card, material or training costs.
Enrol (register) with the form "Free course". If you are a secondary school student, please attach to the enrolment form either a link to the study information of the Oma Opintopolku service or a study certificate in pdf format. If you have completed a degree in Savonia UAS, or are a member of Savonia staff, we will check your information after enrolment.
If you are not entitled to free study, the right to study will not be granted.
Enrolment for studies at the Open UAS is always binding. A student of the Open UAS is granted the right to study limited in time and content. The right to study cannot be exchanged for other studies or transferred to the next academic year.
If you cancel or interrupt your studies, the fee will not be refunded. The fee will only be refunded if Savonia UAS cancels the education or your medical condition prevents you from attending the studies (medical certificate must be presented). The registrant accepts the cancellation and payment terms when enrolling.
Studying at the Open UAS does not entitle to a study grant or study social benefits. If you are an unemployed jobseeker, negotiate your studies with the TE-Services before enrolling for the studies. If you are employed and on study leave, you can receive adult education allowances from the Employment Fund if the other conditions are met.
Binding enrolment period takes place on 22.11. - 6.12.2021. Enrolment starts on 22.11. at 9.00 and the study places will be filled in the order of enrolment. See the privacy statement for how and where the information you provide on the enrolment form will be used.
For more information, please contact
- Regarding the content and implementation: Abdelazim Hannoura, email@example.com
- In matters related to registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Savonia!
Savonia University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to make any changes.